This XML Google Maps WordPress plugin offers a lot of features:
- A GPX file link in a post or page gets converted automatically into a Google Map! If your tracks contains altitude or time information, this plugin can show you an altitude or speed profile. If your GPX file contains even heartrate data, activate the heart rate charts!
- Even a KML File links gets converted to a Google Maps. The plugin tries to open and parse the file for the best view of the map! If this fails it takes the default view of the KML file!
- You can easily insert a Picasa or a “My Google Maps” link to your posts. They get converted directly!
- This plugin supports the new Google Earth Browser Plugin feature of the Google Maps API
- The integration of a geoRSS Feed or any other external dynamic XML-File (like a dynamic KML) that are supported from the GeoXML Object of the Google Maps API is really easy now (e.g. Flickr KML or Flickr geoRSS).
- Integration of geocoded NextGEN Gallery pictures: with the aid of a simple parameter this plugin reads the EXIF data of NextGEN Gallery images and shows them on a map!
- Plugin supports Open Street Map and Open Cycle Map Layers!